Monday, April 9, 2012

Easter Dinner

My grandma did Easter dinner this year. Let me rephrase. My grandma did Easter dinner for 18 people this year.

Youch!

Again, I forgot to take pictures in the big group setting, but it had all the fixings. We usually do these big holiday meals as a potluck style--my thing to bring is the candied yams and sometimes pickle trays. This year, Gram wanted to do it all herself though.

My favorite part was the stuffing. The crumbled sausage and bacon really takes it up a notch! I avoided the brussel sprouts, but my grandma cooked them in chicken stock, and everyone said they were good. Other dishes included mashed potatoes, carrots, green beans, turnip, dinner rolls, cannied yams, pickle and olive plates, tons of gravy, and the meats: turkey and ham. I don't think there are enough opportunities to eat turkey. I wish there was more.

So, job well done, Grandma. Thank you for the fabulous Easter dinner!

No comments:

Post a Comment