Sunday, April 15, 2012

To Grandmother's House We Went

Another night I didn't have to cook! Hooray! (Btw- I also didn't cook Friday because I went to my mom and dad's.)

We were invited to my grandma's for two reasons: (1) they didn't get a good chance to visit with us on Easter because there were so many people and (2) so Matt could fix their wireless.

Dinner at my grandma's can kind of be hit and miss. Pork chops with mushroom gravy (hit); a package of bologna (miss); roast beef (hit); A&W chicken (hit or miss depending who you ask).

Tonight was a definite hit. My grandma made a little roast pork with all the sidedishes. She made mashed potatoes, roast carrots and onions, gravy, canned green beans, fantastic homemade apple sauce, and a garlic asparagus dish.

For dessert, my grandma got a giant pie from Superstore. For a store bought pie, it was really good. She served it with vanilla ice cream and cheddar cheese.

I love my grandma so much, and this meal was total family comfort food.
Carrots and onions
Roast po
Asparagus, apple sauce, mashed potaotes
Gravy
Matt's super size dessert
Charlie and his dessert; he was horribly messy at the end though
My dessert


No comments:

Post a Comment