Saturday, April 28, 2012

Goldstream Cookout

I don't have much of a post about dinner last night. Our nutritional intake (all-day) was not very good.

My family goes to Goldstream Park often to partake in cookouts. We met up with my parents and brother, as well as a bunch of friends, last night for a nature walk, fire, and weenie roast.

Charlie began the evening by burning calories. I did not, since I end up walking very slow as we look at every rock, stick, plant, puddle, and leaf that we attempt to pass. Charlie was fascinated by this big fallen tree. Because he has no fear, he ventured inside despite me telling him there are monsters in there (just kidding).

We then returned back to the fire site. Charlie began with a few cheezies and water. I had a few chips, which were luckily a variety I didn't like, and some camp-fire tea.

For the main course, Charlie ate some more cheezies and a few pieces of a turkey hot-dog. I ate a turkey wiener sans bun. I also had Caesar salad, which Charlie helped himself to a bit of bacon and the croutons from. Charlie and I shared two very small backed potatoes with sour cream (full fat). He did great with that.

For the finally, Charlie ate a few bites of two different Digestive cookies, although both times it fell in the dirt before he could fish.

I had a s'more made with a SUPER jumbo marshmellow the size of my fist, and then one more small marshmellow. Just one, but only because it was then time to go.


No comments:

Post a Comment