Sunday, April 29, 2012

Crack on the Cobb

Cost: $7

Prep: 30 minutes (but I was multi-tasking)

There comes a time in every boy's life where he hits an important milestone. Driving a car, going on a first date, eating his first corn on the cob.

Okay, well, maybe that last one isn't such a big deal, but it sure was cute.

Charlie got to eat his very first corn on the cob tonight. We broke the ear in 1/2, and he did great, especially considering he only has 6 front teeth (and 4 back teeth).

"Hmmm, what is this?"
"Let me just try a little lick."
Piece one: complete
The corn, which turned into the main event, was intended as a side-dish. We bought groceries today at Superstore, and we risked trying the $0.48 an ear corn. I know it is usually pretty bland at this point in the season, and the sign gave no indication of where it came from, a thought I had mid-eating. We decided to give it a go mostly for novelty, and it paid off, as this corn was really good. Charlie ended up eating a full ear, the same as me.

The corn was paired with turkey burgers from Thrifty's that we froze last weekend. Wow, are these ever good. Turkey, cranberries, and stuffing. I melted mozzarella over top. Matt ate his with a bun and the burger fixin's. I went bunless. Charlie ate a few bites of ketchup covered bun on the side.

We also bought some of that toxic coloured green coleslaw. Matt and I both like it. Charlie was not a fan, and I am sure most people would support him in that decision.






No comments:

Post a Comment