Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Helpin' Out Some Hamburger

Cost: $6.50

Prep: 20 minutes

Another night where Charlie and I were on our own....It is the most difficult time of day when I am trying to make dinner and Charlie is being a butt. And boy has he ever been a butt lately! He's still adorable, but he is hitting, biting, chucking, etc, and we are giving timeouts like compliments.

Tina has gone :( and I had a really long day at work (including an after school staff meeting). Matt didn't get home until 5:50, and I was already done eating by this point. I sometimes just feel like I have way too much on my plate. I guess this is the plight of the modern "superwoman"--a million responsibilities.

Anyway, I made an easy dinner tonight because of the circumstances. I tried to make it as healthy as possible, but I honestly didn't try very hard.

I cooked up some Kraft Dinner. I noticed that it was expired, but I didn't notice that hard, so I made it anyways. It was fine.

I fried up some ground beef, added taco seasoning, red pepper, and onion. I think the veggies mask the fact that this is ground beef with salt and KD. It makes it ground beef with salt and KD and veggies.

I also made a Caesar salad kit. This seems to be the only kind of salad I can handle. I don't know what is different about this salad kit. Charlie ate quite a bit, and he especially loves the croutons.

Anyway, because I was passively-aggressive with Matt, I didn't put a drink for him on the table. I guess that wasn't really necessary because by the time he got home it was cold :(



No comments:

Post a Comment