Thursday, April 12, 2012

Pre-stuffed Blackened Chicken

Cost: $11

Prep: ???

Tonight I am not feeling well. I have had a migraine coming on all day. It started with the dryer making an awful sound and progressed all day.

I managed to get the chicken, a pre-stuffed $9 bird, in the oven at 3:30, but when I checked on it at 4:30, it turned out I hadn't turned on the oven. I turned it on a bit higher then, but by 4:45 when Matt got home, I needed to shut my eyes with the lights off.

I checked with him and made for the bed. I let him know the chicken was on, and that he probably wouldn't see me until he came to bed.

So, imagine my surprise when I came to check on the boys near 6PM, and they are sitting on the couch watching cartoons. Matt, it seems, expected me to finish making them dinner. This wasn't likely.

I took the chicken out of the oven, and it was VERY crispy with blackened stuffing on the outside. Matt steamed up some broccoli. I whipped up some gravy, which I have been told was gross.

There are lots of leftovers of all components.

The boys ate. Matt said the chicken was good, and Charlie ate a lot, but I lay on the couch.

Now, at 9PM, I made myself a meal: cup of soup, an orange, and some crackers with margarine. Note: this is also a good hangover meal--salt, sugar, fat, carb. I am having this with a side of ginger ale.


No comments:

Post a Comment