Saturday, April 7, 2012

Azuma Sushi

It has literally been years since I went out shopping with a bunch of girlfriends. This Saturday, four of us ladies ventured out into downtown Victoria for some thrift stores and sushi.

More important than the shopping was the eating. I don't think any of us bought anything except lunch.

We went to Azuma sushi, a place I am fairly certain I have reviewed before. I like it for a variety of reasons. Everything, in my opinion, is consistent and of good quality. They bring lots of refills on the tea. The food is relatively quick. And, most of all, it is large and we never have had trouble getting a table even at peak times. This time, we even got one of those fancy booths.

Tina and I had mirrored orders: Tempura Bento Box and a BC Roll. I do not usually order Bento, but the special one of the day is on sale for two for $15.50. Heather solely had the Bento Box, and Bec had salad and a couple sushi rolls.

Heather, Tina and I started our Bentos with Miso Soup. The box contained 7 pieces of tempura (2 prawns, egg plant, onion, pepper, carrot, yam), 2 orange slices, a salad and a bowl of rice. I love the salad. I generally order a large one, but I had more than enough (with everything else) this time. I also enjoy the sesame sauce on the rice. It is not as rich or heavy as steak sauce. My only complaint was that I could have used more.

I enjoyed the BC Roll as well. I was too distracted to ask Becca how the Dynamite Roll was, but it is usually my favorite, but I was trying to have a reasonable bill.

And, we did have reasonable bills. Tina and I each spent under $15 (plus tip). We could have sufficed with just the Bento as well, and kept our bill well under $10, but I am glad I got the sushi (although Tina had to leave a good portion of her box).

I will continue to go to Azuma Sushi. As a side note, they have been great when we have taken Charlie in there, and there are always lots of children with more adventurous palates dining there.


Azuma on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment