Sunday, March 18, 2012

Non-slammin' salmon

Cost: $6.50

Prep: 15 minutes

And by non-slammin', I mean lame. AND, it turns out there is another boy in my house that doesn't like salmon (Matt doesn't either).

I tried to make this more interesting. I added some spices and radishes to the rice. It was okay. Charlie really liked it, but to me, this whole dinner was meh anyways.

I made my favorite vegtable: steamed broccoli, which the baby refused as well. I was also going to make some zucchini, but Charlie stole it and freaked out when I tried to take it back and cut it up, so I just let him gnaw on it, and figured, whatever, let him.


The meat was a previously frozen wild salmon fillet. It was on sale for a great price, only $4.12. It weirded me out that there was a code on it for you to look up the fisherman that caught the salmon. I would NEVER eat farmed salmon or feed it to my family, but I also trust that when a store puts "wild" on a package, that it is actually wild. Have there been problems with this? Why are people so untrusting? I guess it doesn't matter, but I don't need to look up the fisherman, although maybe I should and feature him on here :) Anyway, I cooked it in some soy sauce, and it tasted nice.

This meal left me hankering for something else. I am currently bingeing on cereal--Brown Rice Krispies, not bad. Charlie ate so little, I really am hoping it doesn't affect his sleep. In fact, he was so hungry, when my back was turned, he used his little shovel from the shower to drink toilet water. Gross.

1 comment:

  1. A lot of companies and grocery stores here give you details about where the meat etc is coming from. Even McDonald's uses traceable, Irish only, beef. I think it's really nice to have that kind of information available but I'm not sure that it has a huge impact on the way the meat is raised and slaughtered. Maybe I'll ask for a farm tour next time I look one of these suppliers up.

    ReplyDelete