Saturday, March 31, 2012

A Real "What the Crap is for Dinner?" Moment

Cost: $6

Prep time: 10 minutes

Health: 0.5/1 000 000

Did you like the new health rating I added? I did that to point out to you how crappy the dinner I made was.

This dinner was unhealthy for mainly one reason: lack of vegtables. This was due to poor planning. I shouldn't make excuses, but I usually only work 1/2 time, and this week I worked full-time. I didn't plan the meals any further than the protein source.

So when I went to start dinner last night (Italian sausages), I realized we had NO veggies save for 1/2 a cucumber and baby carrots. I did manage to track down an onion, fry that up and add it to the 25% less calories (and 80% less taste) Ragu.

We ended up eating whole-wheat noodles (hence the 0.5 healthiness) with sausage, Ragu, onion, and cheese. This is the kind of meal Matt enjoys, and Charlie ate a little too, but I was not into it.
Charlie's
Mom's
Dad's

No comments:

Post a Comment