Monday, March 19, 2012

Brannigans

This is my second time going to Brannigans for breakfast. Both times were enjoyable.

Today, we were a difficult party to deal with: three moms, three toddlers. They had enough high chairs, more than enough actually, but if we needed any more seats, there isn't much they could have done, as we seemed to be at the biggest table, which was for six. I need to find somewhere that has long tables rather than booths for big group mom and babe outings, as moms need to be beside babes to feed them, wipe them, take the crayons out of their mouths.

Anyway, back to the food. Charlie and his buddy started with a blueberry muffin. It was decent sized, but a bit over priced at $2.99.

Mom 1 had the Blackstone Benny.

Mom 2 had sausages, eggs, toast, hashbrowns, and 1 pancake (to share with Baby 2).

I had the Crab Cakes Benny. It was amazing. The eggs were perfect. It had Bernaise rather than Hollandaise, and it was very creamy. The crab cake was surprisingly good for this type of place; I'm not sure whether they make them on site or bring them in frozen.

I really enjoyed their hasbrowns, although some people might say they are over done. I like mine quite crispie, and these were.

I really like this place for breakfast, but I wouldn't venture there for any other meal. I am not saying anything bad about this establishment or their cooking, but it really feels more like a breakfast diner than anything else.

My only real compliant: I think they are overpriced. We ordered the boys the muffin because it was the cheapest thing on the menu. Even a side of toast is $3! The kid's meals are crazy expensive: almost $7 for an egg, 2 bacon, and a pancake. Also, it seemed to come with a sundae? Who wants their kid to have that at breakfast?

The last time I was here I had the Lumberjack Skillet: hashbrowns with veggies with two poached eggs and hollandaise on top. It was great, but it was also $13.99 (my meal today was $11.79). I just don't understand the pricing. Why would the Lumberjack Skillet be a full $4.50 more than Traditional Eggs Benny? I think if they brought their prices down a dollar or two on most items, especially kid's meals, I would be more inclined to frequent here more, well, frequently.



Brannigans on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment