Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Golden Chicken Nuggets

Cost: $12

Prep: 30 minutes

This was a fantastic dinner, and I guess it is only fitting since it is our first dinner as a family in over a week.

We got a great deal on chicken breasts this morning when we stopped to buy milk. They were $9 for four large breasts. I cut these up into strips and chunks, egged them, and panko breaded them. I baked these in the oven for about 30 minutes. We dipped the nuggets in a chipotle aioli (the one in the big bottle from Costco) and Sweet and Sticky barbeque sauce.

For the side dishes, we had a bagged Caesar salad and a Lipton Sidekick chicken flavour. We used to eat Sidekicks all the time pre Charlie, but as we started to watch our salt intake, it became very clear that these are terrible for you. I don't add the butter, which must make it marginally better, but I still am not comfortable feeding this to my family. Charlie was permitted to have very, very little, even though he loved it.

We have a whole container of leftover chicken, so Charlie can continue to be as happy as his is in the picture below during his meals tomorrows.


No comments:

Post a Comment