Tuesday, March 27, 2012

B for D

Cost: less than $5

Prep time: less than 10 minutes

Matt did not join us for dinner tonight; I had had a very busy, long day; Charlie enjoys pulling my wet shirts from the laundry and running around with the shirts over his face, regardless of walls in his way. So, anyway, Matt had rugby until 6PM and Charlie and I cannot wait to eat until then, so we had a quick breakfast for dinner. I didn't make for Matt, as it would have been cold before he got home, so he still hasn't eaten yet.

I tried to make this dinner healthier by serving it with a lot of fruit. We picked up a little water melon, about the size of a bocce ball, when we were at Walmart the other day ($2.50). We ate 1/2 of that, although it was difficult as I had to take it apart for C because of the seeds. We also shared an orange and a few grapes.

The bacon is the Natural Selections variety, even though I hear it is not actually any less full of nitrates than regular bacon. Still, it is really nice bacon. I like to broil it so it is flat.
I fried our eggs: 2 for me, 1 for Charlie. I like my yolk soft, and it was a little harder tonight, but C gets his completely cooked through. I'm not sure if I am supposed to feed him runny eggs, but I have no idea how he would manage to eat a runny egg anyway.

For our grain product, we shared an English muffin with light herb and garlic cream cheese. This was very satisfying, especially when combined with the bacon and eggs; it was almost like having a Hollandaise sauce or something.

Honestly though, I am still hungry and looking forward to a snack tonight...


No comments:

Post a Comment