Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Cheap chicken dinner

Cost: $8 (including dessert)

Prep: 15 minutes

This dinner was boring. In fact, it was so boring, I don't even remember the details.

I bought the chicken clearanced for only $5 and used it the same day, so the value was great. I simply salt and peppered it and roasted it for a couple hours in my great-grandma's roasting pan. I used the drippings for making tiny bit of gravy.

There was also some sort of starch....I'm not even sure what it was. It did not require gravy...For the life of me, I cannot remember what it was. Oh well.

As our veggie, we had steamed green beans. The WORST vegetable I ever tried to eat. So tough. Just awful.

The best part of this meal was the dessert: a big bowl of fresh strawberries. Matt had his with Splenda, but Charlie and I skipped it and enjoyed the berries plain.


No comments:

Post a Comment