Thursday, March 8, 2012

Kitchen Sink Pasta

Cost: $9

Prep: 15 minutes (mostly chopping time)

This was a hard week. Between freezing our booty's off and strike action and a baby cutting four teeth, we were very tired. AND Matt was  even later than usual with a rugby game today.

So, the plan for tonight simply said "pasta and veggie?". Thanks, Kyla. Great planning.

At least we had bought the pasta. It was a Olivieri variety, cheese and asparagus ravioli. It was way too salty, so I am glad I mixed a lot of veggies in.

I fried up and crumbled on four strips of bacon. I finely chopped 1/2 a tomato, 1/2 a green pepper, and a whole orange pepper.

I boiled the veggies with the pasta for the final minute, so they were tender. I mixed parmesan (bad idea--too salty) and a bit of butter in with the hot pasta.

While I cooked, Charlie sat in the recycling and ate a whole lime.

He gave the meal his seal of approval: placing some on his head.





No comments:

Post a Comment