Sunday, February 19, 2012

Weekly Plan 2

Yesterday, Matt and I did the weekly shopping. This week, we did all the shopping in one locations, rather than go to a green grocer. This did increase our overall bill by about $20, and we are also still using many of the veggies and fruits we purchased on our excursion last Sunday (this Sunday we went to look at Craigdarrock Castle and play at the park instead). Overall, we spent $150 for this weeks groceries, and we still need to go out and buy a few more things.

I did the meal planning yesterday while Charlie napped. I am a little discouraged because it feels like a lot more work than what we were doing--ie nothing, and failing at it I might add--and I am doing it by myself for the most part. As a mom of a busy baby boy, I feel my time is very precious, and there are dozens of roles I play both in and out of the home, and I am questioning adding another job to my list.

Matt and I talked tonight, and he will try to help more. But sometimes, he just doesn't get what goes into a "meal"--he once made himself lasagna, mashed potatoes, and stuffing, which is way worse than the time my dad made fish stick and spaghetti.

So, here is what we will eat this week:

Sunday: Fish and chips (done, blogged even!)
Monday: Chicken noodle stir fry
Tuesday: Pork and lentil soup? (question as to if it will be a soup, slow-cooker)
Wednesday: Pork chops and mushroom gravy (going to try it in the slow-cooker, too)
Thursday: Left-over chicken, spinach, and artichoke mini-pizza
Friday: Dinner with Grandma and Grandpa
Saturday: Mom's not eating with the boys, but will make them pasta before she goes to a meeting of the Ladies' Dining Club she joined

No comments:

Post a Comment