Sunday, February 19, 2012

Snapper that up!

Cost: $13 ($7 fish, $3 yams, + spinach, peas, condiments)

Prep time: 45 minutes-1 hour, the chips are slow going

This is not a healthy meal, but it is part of our overall health plan to eat healthier. We are incorporating more fish, at least once a week. That being said, I did try to make a healthier version of traditional fish and chips.

I can make two fish dishes: baked salmon and fried fish. Red snapper was on sale this week, so we bought 2 large fillets. I lightly floured these and fried them in canola oil.

I made yam chips instead of traditional fries. I cut up yams in thin rounds, lightly coated with olive oil, and broiled in the oven.

For veggies, we had a big bowl of frozen peas and spinach salad--which I couldn't eat because there was a snail in one bowl that I picked out but disappeared before we ate it, and I just could not risk eating it myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment