Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Make Yourself a Damn Quesadillas (and Carmellized Pears)

Ingredients laid out, ready for the combining
Cost: difficult to say, but somewhere between $5-$8 with all the stuff we used out of the fridge

Prep time: 30 minutes + (I will explain the +)

As Napoleon Dynamite's grandma said, "Make yourself a damn quesadilla!" Or, in my family's case, let Momma do it for you.

Ingredients combined, ready for the cooking
So, that is what I did tonight. Momma made everyone chicken quesadillas. I used the leftover chicken from Monday, which I had already torn up when I put it away. Combine that with a pepper and 1/2 an onion (both chopped), a few olives (green, that's all we had), shredded cheese remnants (every one of us had the leftovers of a different bag), fresh tortillas, and my awesome quesadilla maker (a bridal shower gift from my aunt that we get a lot of use out of), and we had a yummy, inexpensive, quick dinner.

It could have been quicker, but using the quesadilla maker means I can only make one, or 1/2 of one in Charlie's case, at a time, and they take upwards of 4 minutes each.

Ingredients cooked, ready for the eating
Once the quesadillas are cooked, I used a pizza cutter for quick disassembly. We ate each triangle with salsa and sour cream (and Charlie ate a few extra spoonfuls of just sour cream; gross, if you ask me, but he also ate WET catfood yesterday).

But...although it was filling, it left us wanting something sweet. So, I took a can of pears in pear juice, dumped 1/2 the juice, put it in a frying pan with cinnamon and brown sugar, and let it simmer. That was the highlight of this meal. Matt and I barely got any though, as Charlie would cry whenever he ran out, so he ended up scarfing the majority while nodding his tiny baby approval. Oh well, at least he was happy.
Carmelly pears (and C's without carmel)

No comments:

Post a Comment