Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Mmmmmeh Soup

Cost: Around $7

Prep time: 30 minutes

I followed a recipe today! Yay!

I used the "Fix-It and Forget-It" book again. The recipe was for Curried Pork Soup. I "substituted", ie made crap up, that I didn't have in the cupboard, which may or may not have been a good idea.

Yesterday I measured the spices into a tupperware bowl, soaked the beans, cut up the meat, cut up the veggies, and measured out the water. This morning, at 7AM, I combined it all in the crock.

The house smelled delicious.

The soup looked delicious.

The soup tasted...meh.

You can see in the pictures that you are supposed to stir in spinach just before serving. That was tasty. BUT the pork was SO dry. The beans were way too hard. The soup was just generally too spicy.

I didn't have paprika, and I used some sort of mixed spices which made this WAY too spicy for me. Matt liked it though, but he can handle more spice.

That being said, even Charlie liked it. He had his pureed, and it was thick enough that he had his own bowl and spoon and could manage to feed himself (although, my God, what a mess!). My favorite part, however, were the crescent rolls (last of the Christmas stock).


1 comment:

  1. Hi Kyla,

    I just approved your blog claim. Now your Urbanspoon profile picture is displayed on your blog page. You can upload a blog-specific photo if you prefer, and can change a few other blog settings there. Also, if you vote for a restaurant that you've reviewed on your blog, we now show your vote next to your post everywhere on our site.

    http://www.urbanspoon.com/br/317/7315/Victoria/What-the-is-for-dinner.html

    Best,
    Greg

    greg at urbanspoon dot com

    ReplyDelete