Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Dinner: Take 2

Cost: $15 ($6 of that going to the disaster dinner)

Prep: 30 minutes

So, in that last post, what was supposed to be pork chops in mushroom gravy, well, wow! It was the best thing I ever tasted! Yum yum yum.

Not.

Who would even try that? The answer is the dog. But since we don't have a dog, the answer is no one. At one point, I lifted it up, turned my head to the side, and put it on the back deck for Matt to deal with later. He asked what I was doing, and I responded, "Seriously, if I look at that one more time, I am going to puke." And seriously, I was serious. I did gag a bit.

I'm not sure what happened. I had even "consulted" a recipe. I think the milk curdled. Uh. I need to stop talking about this. It was so so so so soooooo gross.

Okay, so we needed a new dinner plan. Instead of thinking on the spot, we made tomorrow's dinner instead. Luckily, last night I pulled out the chicken breasts to defrost, so those were mostly ready.

I toasted up some pita bread, grabbed some tomato sauce (and bbq sauce on Matt's), cut up the chicken breasts and peppers, torn up cilantro, grated mozzarella, sliced green olives and artichoke hearts, washed the spinach, and combined. The mini-pizzas were baked in the oven for 10 minutes, broiled for 2, and served.


We ended the meal full--well, Charlie needed an entire banana--but now we have no plan for tomorrow. Oh well!




No comments:

Post a Comment