Friday, February 17, 2012

Mexican...again



Cost: around $6, mostly leftovers

Prep time: 30 minutes

Why, oh why, did we have Mexican 3 nights this week? That was a bad call. I tried to make it different, but because I was attempting to use up what was leftover in the fridge, whoomp-wha, that didin't really happen.

During Charlie's afternoon nap, I prepped the veggies (for with the meat, pepper and onion, but also for on the meat, cilantro and lettuce). I also loaded the rice cooker with rice, beans, and salsa, which is my new recipe for Spanish Rice that I made up on the spot. 

And since Matt is home later on Thursdays (we had already started eating by the time he was home),
all that was really left to do was warm the tortillas (corn this time, Thrify's brand, and they are HORRIBLE) and the taco filling, as well as get perishables and drinks on the table.
Charlie and I managed to eat, but I wasn't impressed by my choice of a third night of Meixcan this week. Monday's meal was much better, although the taco filling for this decent. Charlie, however, was VERY happy. He ate himself stuffed, rubbed sour cream in his hair, and shredded a tortilla like he worked at a paper factory.

No comments:

Post a Comment