Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Happy Valentine's Day: Here's some leftovers and pork

Cost: under $10

Prep time: minimal, maybe 15 minutes

Tuesdays are a very difficult dinner day. Matt coaches until well after the time that Charlie is a grumpy-hungry-maniac boy. It is difficult for me to keep Charlie occupied and have dinner going. Last week, Charlie dumped the entire pitcher of water into the crisper while I was making a chicken dinner.

So, I selected something easy for dinner tonight. I think I will try to make things that do not need the oven on Tuesdays (and also Thursday...and sometimes Wednesdays. Hmmm, this may not work...).  Anyway, the oven is the most difficult as Charlie runs for it every time the door is open, and I end up with a smokin' hot pan in my hands while holding a baby back with one foot. Not cool. Literally.

I started prepping tonight's dinner last night by cutting up the leftover potatoes and onions for hashbrowns tonight.

I put the pork steaks on at 400 degrees for 30 minutes, and took them out 10 minutes ahead to let them "set". Is that something real? Who knows? It was a big pack for only $6, and we set one aside for a meal on Thursday night.

Today....
I reheated the carrots and beans from yesterday and steamed up a big pack of asparagus.

It was not a bad meal: nothing exciting, but nothing horrifying. There was no crying either, from me or Charlie. That is a good measure of success here at dinnertime.

Yesterday.....




No comments:

Post a Comment