Friday, July 6, 2012

Craft Break

So, to break away fro my normal food posts, I wanted to show off a keepsake box I made Charlie.

As we are getting his room ready for him to share with his little sister, I came upon the unorganized box of stuff I have been keeping for him. This is all the stuff that didn't fit in the pockets of his baby book.

I don't know if he will ever care that I kept this stuff for him; maybe boys never do, but be may, and I want him to always know how special he was and how much Mom and Dad love him.

The clothes across the top are (left to right) a sweater his grandma knitted, the hat from the hospital, his first outfit (including the tiny white booties), his first Christmas shirt, his first birthday shirt, his first Christmas hat, and his special Christmas sweater. There is a card from his first Easter, and also all the cards from my shower and when he was born.

The necklaces in the middle are his amber teething necklace and a rosary of sorts that all my mom's friends made me to focus on during labour (I did).

Down the left side you can see the schedule we left Grandma the first time we went out, his first lucky money envelope, his first craft (a handprint flag from his first Canada Day), his "Child find" passport, and the coin collection from when he was born.

In the middle you can see his first postcard, his first painting, his pumpkin bum print from his first Halloween, and the DVD from our 3D ultrasound.

On the right you will see the funeral leaflet from his great-grandma's wake (which was his first outing as I got the news of her passing while I was still in the hospital a couple days after he was born), our Miniature World passes from his first year, a poem from a friend, and his ultrasound photos. The ribbon is off his diaper cake.

I attached a little blurb to everything so he will know why we kept everything we did. Then, I put it in a nice looking box that was actually a gift box from Charlie's baby shower.


I hope he likes this some day!

No comments:

Post a Comment