Sunday, July 22, 2012

Simple Barbequed Chicken

Cost: $9

Prep: 15 minutes

It's so hoooooooot. I can not make myself cook in this weather. If this were BC (before Charlie), we would just go out.

Alas, those days are no longer, as are further numbered as we will soonish have a newborn and a toddler to deal with. So, we stayed home and did not use the oven.

Matt barbequed some chicken legs. I read that using a citrusy marinade helps reduce the harmful effects of charring meat. With the amount of time Matt has been standing in front of that grill, this seems important.

I made a marinade that is 1/2 lime juice and 1/2 balsamic vinaigrette. Matt hates balsamic vinegar, so he just had barbeque sauce. It was probably the best tasting chicken I have had in a long time. Charlie loved it, and he ate two legs.

I did have to generate some heat by using the toaster to make us some garlic toast as a side. We also ate a giant bowl of Greek salad--although we were out of tomatoes.


No comments:

Post a Comment