Sunday, July 22, 2012

Montana's Cookhouse

I escaped being a mom for lunch today! However, neither of my dining partners can say the same thing, as I was with my mom and my grandma!

I met them over at Tillicum Mall, as they were doing some business at the bank. I have nothing against Kelsey's or Montana's, and have had positive and negative experiences at both. I received a second degree burn on my hand at Kelsey's from the microwaved dip--it was unnaturally hot and we should have been warned. And, years ago, I almost died from diabetes complications after food poisoning from Montana's; I spent almost a week in the hospital; I was not the only one, and was contacted and spoke with many agencies who investigated this event.

But, that was over a decade ago now. These are not "bad" restaurants, and I have eaten at Montana's a few times since the event, and am pretty sure it has switched management in this time.

We all ordered off the "15 minutes or free" menu, because that is what looked good. I was probably the least satisfied, but it was because the fries were lame. I should have not listened to my baby-belly and went with the salad. I LOVE the pulled pork sandwich though. Usually, my mom and I share it, but today we went seperate route. The fried onions are so good, and the bun is so soft. The sandwich is also HUGE, and I didn't need to eat the fries anyway. (Sorry about the pictures; there was something on my lens.)

My mom had the chili. It was awesome that it came with bread and a salad. It looked like a great meal. I think I will have this at some point. She really enjoyed it.


My grandma had a lunch combo that was salad, soup, and 1/2 sandwich. It also looked very tasty. She had the brisket for the sandwich and the chili as the soup.


It is a place that is kid friendly in the day for sure (no experience with night). One really neat thing I saw kids getting was a set of mini-ice cream cones and lunch served in a truck kind of like a boat for the pirate pack. I also like the colouring on the table thing. However, it is not healthy food. It is calorie ridden and fatty. It needs to be an occasional event to eat here.


Montana's Cookhouse on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment