Friday, July 6, 2012

Steak Dinner on a Lovely Patio

And it was our patio! Because summer is finally here!

Cost: $8

Prep: 30 minutes

Today was the first day that was night enough for us to take our dinner outside and dine on the back patio. It gets a bit too much sun though, and was actually maybe a little too warm still to eat as early as we do.

But, we perservered and ate our dinner, enjoying the novelty of eating "side".

My jobs were done inside. I steamed green beans and nuked some potaotoes that were then finished on the bbq. I also collected and cut some fresh herbs from our garden to eat with said potatoes.


That's it. That is all the cooking I did.

Matt marinated and barbecued the steaks--which were flipping fantastic. He also grilled some red pepper.

The meal, although it was dense, felt like summer. I love this part of the year! Our summer in Victoria is so mild (although above 25 degrees is still too hot for me!) when it finally arrives. I feel lucky to live here!


1 comment:

  1. Who wouldn’t love to soak in the sun on a lovely patio? My family and I do it all the time, especially during the summer. It’s a great time to spend quality time together and dine al fresco.

    Terence Watthens

    ReplyDelete