Friday, July 6, 2012

Chili Dogs and Jello

Cost: $10

Prep: 20 minutes

The only reason the prep for this meal was so long was because it included making chili.

Matt gave me some time to get things started in the morning, so I had the chili slow-cooking by 8AM. We called my grandparents and invited them over, as we have been so busy lately we haven't seen much of them.

I have only ate a chili dog one time. It was when I was pregnant with Charlie, and at Maude Hunter's. I don't think it is on their new menu. It wasn't too awesome, and everyone laughed at me when I ordered it with salad.

But, I say, screw you all, because here I am 2 years later eating a chili dog with salad again!

Anyway, I didn't add meat to the chili; just kidney beans, chick peas, black beans, tomatoes, and mushrooms with seasoning. No spice; grandparents can't handle it.

We barbequed the hot dogs (all beef) and served with marble cheddar. It was a hit all around.

I also made dessert. My friend Amanda was over, and I was saying I should make a dessert. She joked I should make Jello with fruit because that's what old people like.

And you know what?

That is what I made because we had the ingredients. Mixed fruit sugar free Jello with a can of fruit cocktail in it. Classy.

No comments:

Post a Comment