Sunday, July 22, 2012

Quiche Lunch

Cost: $8

Prep: 20 minutes

The meal shows how flexible I am: something came up so I made our dinner for lunch! One thing I haven't commented on is brought to light by this post. My husband and I are both teachers. That means the three of us are at home for three meals a day for two months. Now, I don't go all out for lunch every day, but we can't eat grilled cheese and condensed soup every day.

So, tonight, there are plans to go to have a campfire, so dinner needed to be cooked. To make it more "lunchy", I added a handful of chips. Lol. No. I did that because I am pregnant and really want chips.  I am being honest.

I made mini-quiche. I needed to take something as an appie to our get-together tonight as well, so I managed two jobs at once.

I used organic non-sweet pastry shells as the crust. Inside, there was a bunch of yellow pepper, cheese, and crisp crumbled bacon. Add some milky whipped egg, bake 20 minutes, and you have lunch (or an appy, as I am bringing these cold to a baby shower soon too).

As an extra bit of health, I steamed some green beans and we had a hearty serving of these on the side.




No comments:

Post a Comment