Friday, July 6, 2012

Simple Summer Chicken Dinner

Cost: $12

Prep: 30 minutes

I had a break in my day at 3:30PM when Charlie went down for a nap, so I put on the chicken then. I put a bunch of garlic, 1/2 an onion, 2 large and peeled carrots, and a bunch of little yellow potatoes in the bottom of my great-grandma's roasting pan. Then, I put a small chicken on top and seasoned with salt and pepper.


Two hours + later, we were ready to eat! We boiled some cobs of baby crack/corn and steamed some green beans.


This meal was a huge success. Charlie ate a ton. It was fresh and light.

It was, however, a major downer to heat up the house by using the oven!

The potatoes were the best I have ever eaten, though, so I guess it was worth it.

However, TMI, but this meal also resulting in having to change the first diaper that ever made me hardcore gag.


No comments:

Post a Comment