Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Better than Fast-food

Cost: $12

Prep: 45 minutes or more

This is a labour intensive meal, but it is the healthier version of "deep fried" because nothing was fried.

My favorite part was the yam chips. These are also the most labour intensive part. A little olive oil, broil, flip, broil. But, because of our oven we can only do 1 tray at a time, and we ate 4 trays (1.5 yams).

I also made turkey strips. A simple egg wash and panko breading + baking. I prefer chicken flavour and cost wise though, but it was something different.

Matt made the salad. Lettuce, tomato, red pepper and cheese. My only problem was I HATED the salad dressing I put on and had to start again. I used Compliments Citrus Poppy Seed and possibly would be okay starving rather than tasting that again.

Charlie seemed to enjoy his meal, especially the part where he ate it with salad tongs.



No comments:

Post a Comment