Sunday, May 13, 2012

Mother's Day Whoomp Whoomp

Matt made a special effort to make dinner on Mother's Day so that I wouldn't have to. Unfortunately, it didn't go so well. To Matt's credit, I should add that Charlie didn't help at all. He was a total terror, then sat on the couch topless eating socks.

The main dish was a Shepard's Pie (or whatever the beef version is). I saw him making it and I knew it wasn't going to work out. He had onions and raw ground beef going at the same time in a pan, added a can of corn, and raw carrots. I knew the veggies would be under cooked, but the carrots were still hard. To Matt's credit, it really just needed to cook longer, since my mom ate it the next day and said it was great. i did also think the red-skinned mashed potatoes on top and the home-garden grown chives on the side were yummy.

I asked Matt to make a salad on the side, since there were no green veggies going into the pie. I had bought dressing, croutons, and lettuce already. I should have supervised though. It was pretty such a crouton soup with lettuce. He used almost 1/2 a bottle of dressing and an entire box of croutons. It also became one of the most expensive salads we have ever had ($8-9). Charlie like it though, since he sucks the dressing off the lettuce and mostly eat croutons.

For dessert, "Charlie" made me a free cake a Thrify's. The cake was okay, and the decorations were ADORABLE. Good for Thrify's for offering this, as you know I was kind of writing them off and this was good publicity and got me in the store shopping while the boys created, as I am sure it did for many moms. we paired this with strawberries and mango that needed to be eaten.
Dad Chef
Berries
Topless Sock Eater

No comments:

Post a Comment