Friday, May 11, 2012

Scallops a la Mom

Cost: $10

Prep: 45 minutes

Although this is one of the costlier and more labour intense meals I make, it is also one of the most delicious.

The scallops were not a bad price, as it was a buy 1 get 1 sale. One bag was $9.99, so each bag works out to about $5.

Here is how I made it:

I looked up alfredo sauce. I got out the closest ingredients I could. I did whatever I wanted.

I melted a large pat of butter. I added a cup and a half of milk. I crushed in lost of garlic. It simmered.

I melted in some onion cream cheese. I spilled in much more parmesan than I intended to use. I stirred.

It simmered.

Then, I boiled water. I added some Cattelli Smart pasta (the only box that was in the cupboard, much not have been on sale for a while). When the pasta was 2 minutes away from being cooked, I added 1 large finely chopped red pepper.

Then, I poured the sauce into a jug so I could cook the scallops in our single frying pan.

I had rinsed and dried the scallops this time, but it didn't seem to make a difference.

I heated the pan again with a bit of olive oil, then cooked up the scallops and put them on top the pasta/sauce.

Then I mixed it together and ground some fresh pepper on top.

I don't usually let Matt in on how I make his favourite meals. It gives him more incentive to keep me around.


But, oh well, this one can slip. It appears to be one of Chuck's favorite meals too. He especially loves the scallops. He has advanced (and expensive) tastes--his favourite food, after all, is cocktail onions...



No comments:

Post a Comment