Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Cafe Mexigo

I must start by saying that I HATE Cafe Mexico downtown. I think it is by far the worst Mexican food on the face of the planet.

So, when the Groupon came up for Cafe Mexigo, I was hesitant. Seriously, who expects to order a chicken and veggie quesadilla and get hard, raw carrots in it? Yuck.

But, we decided to give this place a try and bring the in-laws as our treat.

The starter was chips, salsa, and guacamole. I thought the salsa sucked. I doubt they make it. Maybe they make the chips. I couldn't really tell but they probably do. Matt liked the guacamole, but this is one food that I just cannot force myself to like.


Matt's mom had a veggie burrito, and the rest of us had chicken enchiladas with rice and beans. I liked it. I thought it was tasty. The biggest fan was Charlie, who ate more than a healthy serving of the rice and beans. It could have used a few more chips for eating the beans, but it is really nothing to complain about.

The dessert was really good. Sugary, deep-fried flour tortillas. Nothing special but tasty none the less.

The staff seemed a little overwhelmed, but they held their own (and they were not complaining by the HUGE number of people coming in with Groupons).



Cafe Mexigo on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment