Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Broadmead Bakery

This morning we ventured out for breaky to use another of our Groupon surplus. We went to the Broadmead Bakery, a place neither of us had eaten at but both of us have walked by numerous times.

We knew going in that there would be a limited menu to choose from, and I am impressed because I feel like rather than only offering up the least expensive items they chose the items that put their best food forward. I think this should be a mandate of all business that offer a Groupon: attract new customers! Don't use it to press people through the doors! That is a poor way to play the situation, as no one ends up happy and you end up with a bunch of negative reviews on Urbanspoon.

Anyway, the Broadmead Bakery had at least two options either of us would have eaten happily, but we both went for the Eggs Benny. The fact the Groupon also included a drink kind of threw me off, as I am not drinking coffee, so Matt got us both a hot chocolate, which was quite good.


Now the food...

Presentation = A
Doesn't it look nice?

The Hollandaise = A
Oh man! It was good! Very lemony.

Benny ham and cheese = Yum (that is a grade on my scale now)

Eggs = C-
Sorry, but the egg almost ruined the entire meal for me. It was WAY too over cooked. The yolk was dried out and flakey. Even though there was enough sauce, because the eggs were so dry, I could have used double.

Scone = A+
The benny was served on a cheese scone instead of the traditional English muffin. I really enjoyed the scone itself. Frankly, I enjoy eggs benny served on other starch types, just not super tough bagels (take note, Blue Fox!).


I will not grade the side dish. It was some sort of yam stick hashbrowns. It looked very nice, but I don't really like yams anyways, so it wouldn't be fair for me to criticize this. Matt liked it a lot and ate both our servings.

As an important side note, this place does not seem child-friendly, as there are no highchairs on site or in sight. After Charlie's terrible behavior (throwing, whining, being a grump, etc), I am not surprised. However, I still think a highchair or two could expand the clientele and encourage those with well-behaved babies (re: not toddlers) to come and enjoy a meal.

Broadmead Bakery on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment